Pages

7/23/2011

It's all about the ego

Hello and welcome to VPlated a blog all about vanity plates that people put on their cars.

The idea came to me one day when I realized that the cars in the lot where I was had more (clever and not so clever) customized license plates on their cars than regular ones.
So I started taking pictures of them with my Samsung double flip cell phone and thus the "collecting" began.

Here on this blog, I will be posting the ones I come across on my travels.
The best places to take pictures so far are parking lots at high end malls, cinema's, travel centres along the highways and on the go. I do not suggest taking a picture while your car is actually moving, but while stopped at traffic lights a picture comes in handy.

If the plate looks like someones initials I often pass up on the picture (boring) and I will also pass on plates of ham radio operators (again boring).
So far only one person has asked me why I took a picture of their plate. I told him that I collect vanity plates but if they are offended in any way I will delete it from the phone. He decided it was OK and I kept the picture.

My theory is this: If you have a vanity plate, you want to be noticed, so taking a picture of your Vplate should never be an issue. Posting it on the internet is not an issue either as I try not to take them of the back plate where here in Ontario, Canada the little coloured "dated" portion is located. Often though I cannot access the front plate and well... c'est la vie.


If you'd like to contribute to this blog you can start by leaving a comment while trying to guess the meaning of the plate. I do not always know the correct meaning of the plate as I often never run into the owner... so your guess is as good as mine.
If you want to add your own picture with name credit and or a link back to your blog please send it to the email address provided in the sidebar. Please include your name, blog link, type of camera used, your best guess at the meaning of the plate and I will eventually post it.

Update: Send submissions to vplated AT gmail DOT com

So let's have some fun here with our guesses, send in your pics and enjoy the blog....

Best always and thanks...

V-Plated

No comments:

Post a Comment